What is eco friendly interior design?
Ecocoal is the creation of a harmonious corner of unity with nature in a city apartment. Japanese and Scandinavian designers are considered to be the founders of the direction in the interior. Now it has become known all over the world and is gaining more and more popularity every day. Stone jungle, stuffy offices, bustle in the subway – all this makes people create comfort at home. Ecological style is especially widespread in megacities, where people are most exposed to stress and detached from nature.
Eco style kitchen features
Only natural shapes and flowing lines are allowed in this eco interior design.
For the kitchen with ecodesign only natural and environmentally friendly materials are used. Plastic and synthetic elements are categorically prohibited, the exception to this rule is only the necessary minimum of household appliances (but with reduced energy consumption), hidden behind natural facades of built-in kitchen furniture.
The largest space in the kitchen must be the open space, which promotes free air circulation.
The design uses only natural colors and shades, each of which has its own meaning:
- beige – brings peace of mind, suitable for wall decoration;
- gentle green – the color of harmony, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and helps overcome stress (use it carefully so as not to distract attention from living plants in the room);
- sandy – a soft natural colour, perfect for floor decoration;
- white – visually extends the space, is associated with purity and joy, its share can be up to 50% in the interior;
- sky-blue – makes the room light, looks good on the ceiling, and when applied to the walls reduces the appetite;
- pale yellow – associated with the sun, cheerfulness (appropriate in the design of facades);
- light grey – gives rest to eyes, used in textile elements, but its interior eco kitchen should be minimum, otherwise the room will look gloomy;
- brown is a conservative colour, associated with certainty, it weighs space, so it should be used minimally (for example, in the design of open shelves).
Vivid accents are unacceptable in an environmentally friendly style. Quiet colours should also be used carefully: for example, olive shades absorb light and visually “eat up” the space, so they are not suitable for this interior.
Plenty of light is another eco-friendly feature: floor-to-ceiling windows are welcome. However, such a solution is not possible in typical apartments, as the outer walls are load-bearing, and to make changes in them is strictly prohibited. It is possible to put a glass balcony door, wooden double-glazed windows (they need special treatment and painting), thus increasing the penetration of natural light into the room.
The lack of natural light can be compensated for with warm-spectrum diode lamps. They are environmentally friendly because they do not contain mercury, and they are economical because they consume very little energy.
There is no need to confuse ecological style with rustic or Russian folk, because ecodesign is a symbiosis of minimalism and eco-friendliness, there is no place for ornaments, patterns, recognizable paintings gzheli, khokhloma and others. Faceless interior with monochrome walls of various natural textures with the main accent on live greenery: a bouquet of daisies in a vase, decorative grass in clay pots on shelves – all this gives a sense of harmony and serenity after the city bustle.
For kitchen registration in ecological style at first it is necessary to measure carefully a premise, to make the plan and the estimate of expenses, on the ready list to exclude all superfluous (for example, a vase with flowers should be one, pictures are inappropriate – it is better a small panel with dry flowers), only then to start purchasing of building materials.
Eco interior design
This type of interior has a calming effect on all family members. Incredibly beautiful organic style will win over your guests!
The materials of ecological interior design should be durable and resistant to frequent changes in humidity and temperature during cooking. In addition to wood, glass and sand, it is acceptable to use artificial stone.
When creating this interior, use only environmentally eco friendly interior design materials.
Included in the interior can and decorative moss, but very carefully, because it is quite difficult to care for him, it is better to practice on a small piece of moss, bought before repair.
The ceiling design uses the simplest possible materials: you can whitewash with ordinary lime – the space will be further extended. It is also possible to cover the ceiling surface with wood panels, sometimes even stained-glass windows or paintings imitating a clear sky are used to decorate the ceiling.
Various natural materials can be used in wall decoration.
- Sea pebbles – for the kitchen apron. The surface can be covered with tempered glass for easier maintenance and longer service life.
- Clay – for creating texture on walls or imitation of the roots and trunk of a tree.
- Clinker decorative brick – the masonry can be simply painted with whitewash or light environmentally friendly paint.
- Cork coating is a practical but very expensive material. It is desirable to use it only for walls, as it leaves the slightest traces, even from the legs of chairs, and this material is not suitable for floor decoration.
- Wallpapers for walls are used exclusively on paper. It creates an accent in colour or unobtrusive natural pattern on one surface, while the other three walls remain monochrome.
The design of the walls should visually expand the space without distracting from the beauty of living plants in the interior.
It is better to cover the floor with waterproof laminate, ceramic tiles for natural wood or stone or wooden boards.
Decoration of kitchen furniture made of natural solid wood is too expensive, so you can combine materials, which will significantly reduce the cost of the project:
- MDF (for the manufacture of the frame);
- solid wood (for facade design).
And you can also use veneer, it is inexpensive, environmentally friendly, durable (service life up to 15 years). Such surface is easy to take care of – just wipe with a damp cloth.
Work surfaces should not only be environmentally friendly, but also durable. The strongest material is stone. Stone apron and worktops should be installed last to perfectly fit the worktops (after installing the hob, dishwasher and other household appliances).
Living plants should be the main component in an ecological interior. Flowers can be placed in clay pots on shelves, window sills and work surfaces. It is suitable to place lemon or orange trees on the floor in wooden tubs. You can grow spicy herbs on the window sill – their delicate scent will complete the natural atmosphere.
Some flowers and plants are recommended for the kitchen:
- geranium – disinfects the air;
- begonia – blocks the growth of microbes in high humidity;
- aloe vera – absorbs carbon dioxide.
For easy care of the greens, you can use special pots with a moisture indicator or put a reminder in your phone so that you don’t forget to water in time.
If desired, you can harmoniously fit into such an interior glass round aquarium with unpretentious in the care of small fish (eg guppies).
Eco Style Kitchen Accessories
Beautifully complement the ecological design of the room accessories made of various natural materials.
There should be one on the eco kitchen:
- dishes made of wood, ceramics and glass (no pattern or pattern);
- mats, winding mats on the floor;
- chandeliers and lampshades with wooden lampshades, and they can also be made of rice paper, forged or glass;
- curtains or Roman blinds made of light natural fabrics (linen, cotton);
- cornucopia towels (this material absorbs liquids very well);
- chair capes made of sacking;
- dining table made of wood;
- paintings made of natural materials.
Additional coziness can be created with the help of wooden bread, wicker basket for baking, beautiful napkin.
The kitchen furniture in ecostiles should traditionally be made of maple, pine, jute, bamboo. Wicker chairs made of rattan or grapevine look very beautiful.
Ecodesign is suitable for gardeners, environmentalists, people with disabilities, businessmen, young parents and creative individuals.
People spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and eating, so creating eco style is important in this room. The atmosphere close to nature improves the mood, helps with insomnia, and also contributes to the harmonization of relations in the family (if necessary).
The kitchen in the style of eco design is warm, cozy and unusual.