Modern designers are always looking for new solutions to decorate their rooms. The direction inspired by pastoral ethnic motifs has become popular. Shabbi chic kitchen is one of such phenomena that combines the luxury of the Baroque and Rococo periods with the simplicity and elegance of the folk style.
Mistresses are increasingly preferring to decorate their abode in a special way. The style of Shabbi-chic allows to realize creative researches, come up with something interesting and extraordinary. Everyone can transform the apartment with their own hands to unrecognizable.
- 1 What’s the appeal of the Shabbi chic style
- 2 Characteristic features of Shabbi chic kitchen
- 3 History of Shabbi chic kitchen
- 4 Color scheme in the interior of Shabbi chic
- 5 Shabby chic furniture
- 6 Shabby chic wall decor
- 7 Ceiling
- 8 Floor: laminate, linoleum or tile
- 9 Home Appliances for Shabbi Chic Kitchen
- 10 Shabby chic mantel decor
- 11 Shabby Chic Kitchen: Accessories
- 12 Textiles and luminaires
- 13 Shabbi chic window decoration
What’s the appeal of the Shabbi chic style
This design solution is typical for creative and dreamy individuals. It is suitable for realization both by young ladies and women of solid age. It allows you to create individual interior elements with your own hands. This environment adjusts to a romantic light mood.
It is believed that Shabbi chic is characteristic of the English, who cherish their habitat. Many of the houses have items that are already out of fashion, but still fit for use. They can be given a second breath, transformed, made a highlight of the environment.
The revival of former luxury is the most accurate definition of Shabbi chic kitchen. This solution has stood out in a separate direction quite recently, but has already gained wide popularity. It is fashionable, beautiful and available to many.
Characteristic features of Shabbi chic kitchen
The design provides space for every detail. At first, it may seem a little sloppy design. But all elements are in their place, perfectly complementing each other and creating a coherent image. You should pay attention to the main features:
- Ageed furniture is welcomed in the interior. Cracks, scratches and other flaws can be seen on it. They are not disguised in any way, as this is the main feature. It is recommended to use light furniture made of natural wood for decoration. You can complement your room with stylish accessories.
- The obligatory element is textiles. Without it, you will not be able to create a corporate identity. It is desirable an abundance of ruffles, various decorative elements. It is best to use natural fabrics. On the table, you can put an ordinary country-style tablecloth, and chairs on chairs put soft cushions.
- The colour scheme should combine natural soft shades. The use of bright screaming tones is not recommended. The most common colours are green and brown. Blue is practically not used.
- Particular attention is paid to the accessories. They are carefully selected. Every detail is taken into account. Walls can be decorated with natural ornaments. It is also common to use various figures, bottles and other trinkets on the shelves as decoration.
- Conceived carelessness in decoration. Each element is located in its place, but it may seem that you have a certain mess. You can use wooden frames, massive elements. The main feature is the absence of all kinds of plastic and synthetics.
The kitchen in Shebby Chic style allows you to create a truly homely atmosphere, give a cozy atmosphere. This direction is ideal for country houses, and in apartments allows you to set the right atmosphere. Chaoticism allows you to disguise thoughtfulness. So it is ideal for creative people.
History of Shabbi chic kitchen
The direction emerged under the influence of ancient majestic furniture, which is characterized by luxury. This style is only thirty years old. It originated spontaneously. One designer liked to visit different antique shops in search of furniture headsets for creativity.
Selected parts were painted, modified, equipped with new elements. An enthusiastic designer created wallpapers, chandeliers and other small accessories. The number of admirers grew with time. The creator began to take orders, and over time even opened a theme store.
At that time, Shabbi chic was used exclusively for country houses. Antique furniture was restored and used to create an individual style. Over time, even apartments started to be decorated. They were given the grandeur of the Victorian era, baroque and rococo.
Color scheme in the interior of Shabbi chic
It is preferable to use light and natural shades for the headset finish. Ivory pastel shades, light blue, milky, pink are welcome. There should be no contract transitions or inappropriate pretentiousness. If dark colors are used, they only supplement the overall picture, creating a quiet atmosphere of a village house. Drawings should preferably be used.
The only common ornament is floral. Light light flowers, petals, angels are beautifully combined. Geometry is unacceptable. The exception is small thin lines.
Shabby chic furniture
One of the pieces is furniture. It should be given special attention. It is recommended to choose non-traditional options. It is best to choose light tones, which will perfectly fit into the interior decoration.
Artificially aged furniture with small scratches and forged elements looks beautiful. Wooden fittings, painted in milky shades, will accentuate the rural atmosphere in the most beneficial way.
Visit the markets. There you will find many unique offers. Choose from unsightly models of not too bright colours. Pastel shades help to create a welcoming atmosphere and bring a little joy to the lives of the inhabitants.
red shabby chic furniture
painted furniture ideas shabby chic
shabby chic western
Shabby chic wall decor
Wallpaper, painting or panels
If you use wall paint, you should intentionally apply it unevenly. Rough plaster is used to create an effect of some carelessness.
Vintage wallpapers for kitchen interiors are a rarity on the market. But if you can find it, it will be ideal. It is preferable to use fabric materials that allow you to create a natural texture.
He must be cracked. He’s got bumps on purpose, and his shade is grayish. For the decoration, a classic molding that looks aged is deliberately used.
Floor: laminate, linoleum or tile
It’s best to use wooden parquet. The boards are intentionally given an aged appearance. From above, they are varnished. Sometimes tiles of matte shades are used. If you use a carpet, it should look old.
Home Appliances for Shabbi Chic Kitchen
Usually household appliances are tried to be disguised so as not to spoil the overall impression. They can be built into other furniture or placed in a storage cabinet. The appliances are not used as often. It is ideal to buy special appliances made in an antique style. But such products cost an order of magnitude more expensive than their usual counterparts.
Shabby chic mantel decor
Shabby Chic Kitchen: Accessories
Originally, soft toys and plaids were used for decorating. Now the list has been expanded with antique services, caskets and other small things. Try not to overdo it when choosing a decor. Be sure to have the following elements:
- Wall paintings in a wooden frame. The most typical images are landscapes, trees, flowers.
- Openwork napkins and tablecloths for covering surfaces.
- A large number of indoor plants in ancient pots.
- Covers are used on seats and sofas.
Shabby chic table decor
shabby chic western decor
shabby chic easter decor
Textiles and luminaires
There should be a lot of textiles. Curtains with openwork elements and numerous frills are welcome. Napkins and hand embroidered tablecloths are good. The seats should have cushions and warm plaids.
The lighting has to be soft. Make sure that enough light falls on the kitchen work area. Sconces or lampshades with ornaments look beautiful.
Shabbi chic window decoration
The windows should be wide, let a lot of light through. Frames are made of white painted wood or shades of brown. It is better to choose light curtains so as not to obstruct the passage of natural light.
There are many photos with different design options. Shabbi-chic – style that can create a pleasant atmosphere of warmth and comfort in the room. The main goal is to achieve a harmony of carelessness and grandeur.